Mobile applications, without question, have revolutionized the way a lot of everyday activities are handled; including but not limited to alarm clocks, music and videos. However, if there is one place where they have made an amazing revolution, it has to be in the field of gaming. It would not be an exaggeration to say that there is at least one game installed in every mobile phone on this planet.
Mobile games provide the much-needed break from the strenuous lifestyle. In addition to this, mobile games also bring about a lot of advantages. Here are a few of the many advantages
Advantages of Mobile Gaming:
- Portability – Gone are the days when you needed to carry a bulk gaming console and a television to experience immersive and quality gaming. Mobile applications, with impeccable screen resolutions and feasible memories, have given room for a lot of immersive and complex games without compromising on the availability and portability. The craze that the game PUBG has created, stands as a testimony of what mobile gaming can do.
- Time-Friendly – Sometimes, mobile games are not only about being addictive in nature,but are used as a means of getting a break when commuting or during travel. For this purpose, mobile games have been designed to be time friendly and not to consume a lot of your battery.
- Price – This is one parameter where mobile games clearly win over consoles or any other form of gaming. Compared to the AAA projects, mobile games are mostly free. Thanks to the advertising support by mobile ecosystems, game developers are able to reap their profits in other ways.
- Fun-factor – Isn’t gaming all about that pure fun one craves for? Mobile games are designed to be more of an experience than something that demands a lot of your attention. While there are games that might demand calculations, there are also games like Angry Birds, Candy Crush and Subway Surfers which are just about fun and nothing more!
A Few Interesting Observations:
- About $28.2 billion was generated in revenues by the gaming market in the United States alone.
- Interestingly, there are more female gamers than male gamers, and they outperform males when it comes to purchasing and time spent.
- Everyone expects the age group between 16 and 24 to be hooked to gaming. However, the age group between 16 and 24 only accounts for about 14 % of the gaming distribution. The landscape is dominated by the age group between 25 and 34 which accounts for about 30%, 35 to 44 which accounts for about 24% and even more interestingly, the age group 45 to 54 which accounts for about 20% – more than 16-24.
- Most of the gaming happens between 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
All these statistics are evident that game development is a lucrative business that could earn quite a lot of revenue. Entrepreneurs are you listening?
However, the challenge lies in finding the right game developers who are uncompromising on the user experience and interface.
Just like how Windows took computers to the corners of the globe, the game development technique was taken to even the novice developers by this game development engine called Unity 3D.
What is Unity 3D?
Unity 3D is a name that needs no introduction to the world of gaming. It is a cross-platform engine that helps in developing both 2D and 3D games. It has been designed to be user-friendly, intuitive and suitable for a person with minimum coding knowledge. Also, it is also considered a great tool for professional gaming developers.
Advantages of Unity 3D
- Savings on time and money – Developing a game with Unity 3D makes it extremely easy for the developers, resulting in the saving of time and expenses. Since this platform helps develop both 2D and 3D games and can develop games for both the major mobile ecosystems, it can be considered an even bigger advantage.
- Packed with tools – Unity 3D is intact with all the essential elements that are required to make the mobile gaming experience immersive and as realistic as possible.
- Democratic pricing – In comparison to many other gaming engines, the price of Unity 3D is quite affordable.
- Cross-platform support – Unity3D supports all major mobile platforms, desktop, and even the web. This lets one develop games for any kind of user.
A Few Games Developed Using Unity 3D:
The list of the games given below will probably surprise you!
Temple Run – The game that introduced Cambodia and inspired an endless number of memes was developed on Unity 3D. It is available for major platforms and was published in 2011.
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft – This free to play multiplayer game has more than 30 million subscribers. It is more of a card game infuse Warcraft world with dramatic gameplay.
Kerbal Space Program – This is an action game and is a flight simulator that revolves around aliens who protect spaceships. The focus on true physics is highly productive and quite an amazing experience to play.
Creating The Perfect Gaming Experience
It is to be noted that Unity 3D is just an engine and the entire experience of gaming does not depend on the engine alone. The developers, the designers, the programmers, the art and animation, and even the audio experience of the game contribute in making the gaming application and interesting and immersive one.
Are you ready for Unity 3D Game Development?
Sometimes, it would be a great idea to have an all-in-one solution for mobile gaming. Right from hiring the right Unity 3D developers to bringing the best artists who will create interesting characters to feature in the game, gaming companies have enormous tasks in creating a perfect game. There are companies that can help in creating the technology and the visual and audio elements that are needed for the game.